Visa Information

Q: We're going to our holidays in Egypt in the near future. Do we need a visa? How much do visas cost and where is the easiest place to get them?

A: Yes, you will need a visa. They usually cost US$ 15 per person. Please contact your local Egyptian Embassy or Egyptian Consulate. For many nationalities, visas can be obtained upon arrival.


Q: I am currently in the UK and the other member of my party is in Canada. We are both Canadian passport holders. The Egyptian Embassy in London has told me that Canadians cannot obtain visas on arrival in Luxor and the Egyptian Embassy in Toronto says that we can.

A: You can obtain a visa in Luxor in an exceptional case, for example, if it is difficult for you to get your visa otherwise, but normally you need a visa before travelling.


Q: Would you please tell me if a visa is needed to go to Taba, Egypt, from Eilat, Israel. We only plan on being in Taba, as tourists, for part of a day.

A: Yes, a visa is needed.


Q: I am an Indian passport holder and a canadian permanent resident. What are the visa requirements for a person with my status?

A: There is an Egyptian Consulate in Montreal to which you can apply for a visa by mail. You can contact them at (514) 866-8455.


Q: I have just booked a week's holiday in Luxor. At such short notice it will be too late to apply for a visa. I am told that this won't be a problem and that I shall be able to obtain a week's visa when I land in Luxor airport. Would I need anything special, (other than my passport) before this visa would be issued?

A: It depends on your nationality. Please contact either the Egyptian Embassy, Egyptian Consulate or Egyptian Tourist Authority office in your country.


Q: Can you tell me if as a Canadian I need a visa to visit Egypt?

A: Yes.


Q: My wife and I are US citizens and we hold US passports. We are currently living in Shanghai, China. The travel agency here in Shanghai can't arrange the tour of our choice so we contacted our travel agent at home and they will set up the tour, but they have to have a copy of our Egyptian visa. How can we obtain an Egyptian visa this quickly?

A: You will be able to obtain your visas at an Egyptian airport when you arrive.


Q: I am an American living in Stuttgart, Germany. I am planning a Nile cruise with my girlfriend who is from the Czech Republic. Do we need visas and can we get them when we arrive in Luxor?

A: Yes you do.


Q: We will be touring the Holy Land as well as the pyramids and I plan to take a cruise down the Nile. My son tells me I will need a "Multiple Entry Visa." Can you tell me where I obtain these?

A: Yes, you will need a Multiple Entry Visa. Please contact either the Egyptian Embassy or the Egyptian Consulate in your country.


Q: Is a Multiple Entry Visa required for USA citizens traveling from Egypt to Jordan and back to Egypt?

A: Yes.


Q: My wife and I want to take a flight from Israel to Egypt and then depart on Air France from Egypt. We are US citizens, do we need a visa in advance to do this trip? Do I need a tourist visa? What is the easiest way to get one? Are they available at the Cairo airport?

A: You will need a tourist visa in advance. Apply for it at the nearest Egyptian Embassy or Consulate in your country.


Q: I am from Bolivia and I am studying in Germany. I will be traveling with a group from my university to Palestine, but we are also planning to visit Cairo. Do I need a visa?

A: Yes, you do.


Q: I'd like to know which documents are necessary to visit Egypt for tourism for one or two weeks. I'm an Italian citizen provided with an identity card. Is this sufficient or do I also need a passport to obtain a visa?

A: You need a passport that valid for at least six months to obtain a visa and you need to apply for it before arrival at the nearest Egyptian Embassy or Consulate in your country.



Q: We are four good friends traveling to Egypt during the millennium, and are wondering what the restrictions for bringing in alcohol to the country are. I mean, it is the new year and we would like to bring some, especially champagne, can we?

A: Yes. Individuals may bring in up to two liters.


Q: What is the legal drinking age in Egypt?

A: 21-years-old



Q: We are planning a trip to Egypt and wonder whether we will be able to bring our cat. Is this possible?

A: Yes. Pets may enter Egypt provided you have a certificate of origin and a health certificate. There are no forms for this, but a dated, signed letter is acceptable. The certificate of origin may be provided by the pet store where your pet was purchased or by a vet. The certificate of health must be provided by a vet.


Driving Cars into Egypt

Q. I wish to drive my car into Egypt. What is required to do this?

A. Unfortunately this cannot be done. Some cars may be ferried in, but in general, you should not plan on bringing your car into Egypt. Once here, you may rent a car, but in many instances I cannot even advise you to do that. Particularly in Cairo, it is much safer to take a cab, due to the driving habits of most people in Cairo.







Nile Cruises

   Type this captcha code : 1331  

Ups, an error ocurred

Failed to send your message !

Your message has been successfully sent. We will contact you very soon!